Many people are not aware that diamonds and metals can indeed get damaged or the settings of the stones can loosen. Diamonds for example can chip or crack if they hit against a hard object.
We recommend the following:
- Don’t wear your ring while showering or bathing and avoid contact with lotion, perfume, hairspray, sun screen, cosmetics etc.
- Don’t wear your ring while cleaning, gardening, working out or hiking. Aggressive cleaning products, chlorinated and salt water could impact the color of the metals.
- We strongly advise against swimming with your ring. Cold water makes your finger shrink and you risk it to slip off your finger.
- Bring your ring to a jeweller once a year to get the settings checked. Daily use could loosen them.
- Clean your ring by letting it soak in lukewarm, soapy water. Brush it with a soft toothbrush, rinse it and dry it with a soft cloth. Do not clean your ring with any abrasives or acid solutions.