In Switzerland we usually meet our clients where it is most convenient for them. We have different meeting spots in many Swiss cities. For our international clients we are happy to travel and meet them personally if requested. But we also offer remote advisory over video calls, phone or e-mail. All our rings can be shipped by a fully insured courier (Malca Amit) to any location.
Many people are not aware that diamonds and metals can indeed get damaged or the settings of the stones can loosen. Diamonds for example can chip or crack if they hit against a hard object.
We recommend the following:
- Don’t wear your ring while showering or bathing and avoid contact with lotion, perfume, hairspray, sun screen, cosmetics etc.
- Don’t wear your ring while cleaning, gardening, working out or hiking. Aggressive cleaning products, chlorinated and salt water could impact the color of the metals.
- We strongly advise against swimming with your ring. Cold water makes your finger shrink and you risk it to slip off your finger.
- Bring your ring to a jeweller once a year to get the settings checked. Daily use could loosen them.
- Clean your ring by letting it soak in lukewarm, soapy water. Brush it with a soft toothbrush, rinse it and dry it with a soft cloth. Do not clean your ring with any abrasives or acid solutions.
There are many options to buy diamonds online or through diamond dealers and it could seem like a very convenient and easy way to get a good deal. This being said, many of our clients experienced being more confused, however, after researching and visiting different diamond dealers, than to begin with. Looking at a pair of diamonds, for example, with exactly the same characteristics (4 C’s, as per the stones’ individual certificates), the prices varied significantly. An aspect easily overseen is that different types of laboratory certificates exist (e.g. GIA, IGA, …). Depending on the certificate, characteristics such as color could have the same letter grading (e.g. D, E, F, etc.), but not the same color (an “I” from one lab does not have to have the same color as an “I” from another lab). Helping you reach true comparability, supporting you beyond the 4 C’s and eventually enabling you to make a decision, is where we come in.
An engagement ring contains many different elements and the design is very interconnected with the shape, size and color of your center stone.
To give you an indication of how many details can be adapted and chosen you will see below all possible elements involving an engagement ring:
For example the choice of the setting (solitaire, with side stones or halo) depends on the shape and size of the center stone. At the same time, the color of the center stone should be chosen in consideration of the metal of the future ring. Additionally, different metal colors can be combined (the prongs can have a different color than the shank of the ring). Because there are sheer endless possibilities, we are here to help you make the perfect combination of all these details to create the best possible engagement ring.
Prices of rings vary very much and depend on what type of center stone, metal and design you are looking for. With a budget of ca. USD 30’000 you could create a diamond solitaire ring with around 2 carats (GIA certificate, brilliant cut, xxx excellent cut, H colour, VS2). This is about half of what you would spend at a high street jeweller. By looking for different diamond characteristics and designs we can help you optimise the final price.
Besides “I made this for you” being much more romantic than “I bought this for you”, there a many reasons to use our service to create one of the most significant rings of your life:
- You will get the maximum out of your budget, because we don’t have a fix stock of gems and can directly access diamond suppliers and skip middlemen within the supply chain of gemstones.
- You have the opportunity to let us find the perfect center stone for your significant other, instead of choosing from a limited selection.
- During the whole process we want to be your sounding board in helping finding out what might suit your significant other and what is technically feasible (e.g. smaller stones lend themselves to a higher setting). Because we are diamond experts, designers and goldsmiths at the same time, we have well rounded experience in all key elements surrounding an engagement ring.